AWA Update [March]
Its been a busy month at AWA… At the tail end of February we hosted The Cynefin A&E Simulation at our new home “The Rainmaking Loft”. The Cynefin A&E game has been created by Dean Latchana – a Scrum Master with a keen and growing interest in the sense-making framework Cynefin. Each team were assigned our own “A&E” wards. We were presented with a different incoming patient scenario in each round. We had to decide in which domain the patient should be placed in order to administer treatment. Dean’s game proved to be an excellent and interesting tool to learn how the Cynefin framework is organised and how you can apply it to situational context while generating some “great conversations, learning & feedback”. Well done, Dean 🙂
A Darwinian Perspective on Agile Architecture Mina Boström Nakicenovic and Julian Everett each presented their though-provoking and entertaining talk on agile architecture from an evolutionary biological view at The Telegraph Media Group. Both presentations were impressive and original, finishing up with an excellent Q&A leading to some truly interesting conversations. Thanks again to The Telegraph Media Group for hosting this exceptional event. You can watch this talk back again here.
An Introduction to Business Agility David Siegel came to London to share his framework “Business Agility.” Over the course of 2 hours, David shared his insights into business failure and how he is seeking to address common problems with his framework. The evening certainly proved to spark lively debate and challenging ideas. Watch the talk back here.
We were very excited and honoured to host a sold out meetup with scrum co-creator Jeff Sutherland for a talk called “Make Your Teams Faster”, which we reviewed in full here. That same week we also ran NYC’s first LeSS Focussed Talk, again we have reviewed this event here too.
The AWA Support Network beta was launched with a group of members who have been tasked with road-testing the network before welcoming more members. The vision is a secure and safe forum for experienced agile professionals like coaches, scrum masters and consultants to discuss the ongoing challenges of agile transformation and organisational change. An initial pre-requisite of membership will be a high-level expertise and experience. Find out more here.
- Safe-to-Fail Talk with Liz Keogh – Very interested to hear Liz talk about “Safe-to-fail” at our first meetup of April at the Rainmaking Loft. Sign up for free here.
- “Ball Runner” game with Lloyd Jones – The 2nd event from the games stream sees Lloyd Jones sharing his fast-paced game “The Ball Runner.” Join the wait list.
- Practical Program & Portfolio Prioritization with Cost of Delay & WSJF with Mark Richards – Our first meetup in association with Agil8. SPC trainer Mark Richards will be sharing his insights into programme prioritisation and the cost of delay. Sign up for free here
- Coaching Agile Teams Course with Lyssa Adkins & Michael Spayd – Really looking forward to this sold out course with Lyssa Adkins and Michael Spayd. Join the wait list.
- Certified LeSS Practitioner Training with Ahmad Fahmy – Learn to scale agile development for large products using the LeSS frameworks with Ahmad Fahmy – a trainer with bags of talent, experience and energy. See all dates.
- Want a Sustainable Agile Transformation? with Lyssa Adkins & Michael Spayd: Meetup on 26th April. We’re looking for a venue to host this meetup, if you can recommend an event space please get in touch // Registration opens 5th April.
- The Ten Minute Trainer! Teaching a Lot in a Little Time: Very excited to be hosting a meetup with Sharon Bowman. Registration opens 28th April
- Testing Faster with Dan North – Explore the principles and practices of agile testing. The class is taught in a dynamic, interactive and engaging style. There are no slides or handouts, and the class will be facilitated by the originator of Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD) and Deliberate Discovery, Dan North. Register here.
- Software, Faster: From months to Minutes with Dan North – The agile techniques you are probably using are over 20 years old and have hardly changed. This course will teach you the methods that today’s high performing teams use. The class will be facilitated by the originator of Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD) and Deliberate Discovery, Dan North. Register here.
- Lean Product Development Flow with Don Reinertsen – Learn the secrets behind successful agile transformations on this 2-day workshop with lean product development expert Don Reinertsen. Register here.
- Certified LeSS Practitioner with Craig Larman – Learn how to scale scrum with LeSS co-creator & tap into his huge knowledge and experience in making Agile work in large multi-site organisations. Register here.
- Enterprise Services Planning Programme with David Anderson – Learn how to extend Kanban to all professional services in an organisation with the pioneer of Kanban – David Anderson. Register here.