Applying the Principles of Flow
Learn the agile & lean techniques that can provide a quick and lasting return on investment for product development on this exceptional 2-day workshop facilitated by renowned expert Donald Reinertsen
What you will learn:
You will learn the lean techniques that can provide a quick and lasting return on investment for product development.
- Developing an Economic Framework: How to quantify the financial impact of improvements in cycle time, cost, and quality.
- Managing Queues: How to control the invisible and unmanaged queues that hurt cycle time, efficiency, and quality.
- Understanding Variability: How to reduce the economic damage done by variability while keeping the benefits of innovation.
- Reducing Batch Size: Using batch size reduction as tool to reduce queues and improve feedback.
- Applying WIP Constraints: How WIP constraints and other WIP control strategies improve cycle time, efficiency and quality.
- Controlling Flow: Using cadence, synchronization, and work sequencing to improve flow.
- Using Fast Feedback: How to design feedback and control systems that make a difference.
- Decentralizing Control: Balancing the advantages of centralized and decentralized control.
Key benefits of this course:
Through experiential exercises, lectures and facilitated Q&A, you will learn:
- identify when queues cause economic damage
- use batch size reduction and WIP constraints to improve flow
- create fast feedback loops to increase quality and efficiency
- reduce the economic cost of variability without stifling innovation
- develop a step-by-step implementation plan to incorporate lean principles into your own development process
Attend if you:
- Are a manager who plays an important role in product development
- Are reaching the point of diminishing returns using conventional approaches to product development
- You wish to quickly get benefits using lean methods
Date: 29th – 30th June
Price:£1400 + VAT
If you want to learn the agile & lean techniques that can provide a quick and lasting return on investment for product development then attend Don’s classic 2-day workshop this June. This will be the only time Donald will be in London this 2016. Book your place here.