Agile and Lean processes work when there is a deep respect and consideration for people. Often the behaviours we experience and sometimes exhibit at work are not in alignment with our own goals and the goals of the organisation. This is what makes achieving agility so hard. The role of professional coaching is to help individuals and teams increase transparency of their internal and external blockers, which are stopping them from being successful in achieving these goals.
Our new agile training course “Agile Team Coach” is for people working with agile teams who want to learn professional coaching skills. The content is based on our experience working as coaches in organisations moving to agile ways of working and the learning objectives set out in ICAgile’s Certified Professional Agile Coach Certification.
During the 3-days, we embark on a journey; unpicking the role an agile coach plays and how the work they do supports individuals to change, grow and learn. We explore scenarios, models and real life examples of common challenges like resistance, role transitioning, self-chosen and imposed change, conflict resolution, organisational impediments and the difference between coaching and mentoring. We look at team culture and what makes a group of individuals become a team. You will learn the stages of team development and tools to help spot where your teams are at, at any given point. We also look at how you kick-off a team to set them up for success, creating the psychological safety and team alliance.
We have run this agile training course privately for our clients on several occasions and each time have been witness to beautiful moments of realisation, awareness and shifting.
“Eye opening and eager to practice the new techniques I have learnt – K. Mistry – Delivery Manager”
- What an agile coach is and how this role plays out with your teams.
- An introduction to neuroscience and why it’s important as coaches we understand how the brain reacts when we’re stressed.
- Gain fundamental professional coaching skills and insights, like what powerful questions are and how to use them.
- How to create a psychologically safe environment for your teams by looking at how to set up the team environment and help the team to know themselves and create a shared culture and vision.
- How to conduct the coaching conversation including techniques to improve the way you listen, brainstorm and help your client be effective with actions.
- Why it’s important to design a coaching contract with your team and stakeholders.
- How to coach and mentor through different kinds of change.
- How to coach toward high-performance and gain effective skills in encouraging team collaboration, trust and how to resolve conflicts.
“A really great course that has given me confidence to give people the space (silence) to work out how to reach goals” – A. Soddart, Delivery Manager
- acquire skills in professional coaching, create safe environments and how to resolve conflict.
- help your teams to resolve blockers that are preventing them from success.
- stand out from the crowd with the ICAgile Certified Professional Agile Coach certification.
- demonstrate that you have the skill set to do the work required of an Agile Team Coach.
- illustrate your commitment to professional mastery.
“I would recommend this course to any Delivery Manager, Scrum Master or Management” – Renee, Scrum Master
When’s the next course?
For more details about the course content, trainers, dates and to book please see the course page.