The Unwinnable Game
with Carl Rogers
28th of November
an AWA Global Meetup
About this Meetup:
Join us for a FREE dynamic in-person Meetup designed to spark curiosity and initiate conversations around the complexities of agile transformations. We will be playing The Unwinnable Game, billed as a psychologically unsafe game of failing agile transformations (don’t worry this will be a safe place for learning and fun!). This engaging Scrumban style party game offers a unique opportunity to explore the human dynamics and leadership challenges that often fly under the radar in organisational change initiatives.
Inspired by the thought provoking article by John Cutler on Winnable and Winnable Games, game creator Carl Rogers has taken the metaphor a literal step further. Whether you’re an Agile Practitioner, organisational leader, or simply interested in the nuances of change management, you’ll walk away with fresh perspectives, thought-provoking questions, and valuable new connections. It’s a brief yet impactful experience that will leave you pondering long after you leave.
Carl’s new course
In addition to this Meetup, why not join Carl for a transformative 2-day journey, where agility connects with inventive game design, catalysing enriched understanding and impactful learning? Learn more & book here.
Why attend this Meetup?
- Human Dynamics Unveiled: Dive into the psychological motivations and human intricacies that so often derail agile transformations.
- Alignment & Shared Goals: Witness firsthand the vital role that common objectives and aligned incentives play in any organisational change.
- Leadership Action Logic: Explore the varying action logics at play, and why leaders may support or sabotage change goals.
- Inclusive Transformation: Grasp the necessity of involving everyone in the change process.
Who should attend?
- Agile Practitioners: Curious about the nuances that make or break an agile transformation? This is your playground.
- Organisational Change Agents: Explore organisational transformation breakdown in a safe, interactive setting.
- Managers and Leaders: Open your mind to new perspectives on leadership dynamics, and in deeply considering your role and presence in change initiatives.
What will you gain from the experience?
- Focused Insights: Gain a targeted understanding of the human and leadership dynamics that can make or break agile transformations.
- Strategic Networking: Connect with like-minded professionals facing similar challenges and opportunities in change initiatives.
- Actionable Takeaways: Return to work with key insights and questions that can guide your approach to aligned goals, leadership action logics, and inclusive change strategies.
This in-person Meetup is being generously hosted by Hiscox at 22 Bishopsgate, London EC2N 4BQ.
Reserve your FREE place now!
Meet your host
Designing Agile Learning Games for Transformative Impact
Join Carl from the 7th – 8th of December for his workshop Designing Agile Learning Games for Transformative Impact.
Find out more and book your place here.