fantastic, excited to take all the ideas back to the office to improve how we work – Brendan Cain – Team Lead
Certified Agile Fundamentals Training Course
Agile Fundamentals (ICP)
Start your journey towards Agile Mastery with the AWA Agile Fundamentals training course and gain an understanding of the Agile Mindset and key concepts needed to be successful in agile ways of working. Available in London, NYC or as a private onsite class.
ABOUT THIS COURSE
To succeed with agile, teams and organisations should focus first on “being agile” as a foundation for success in “doing agile.” Through a series of practical and theory led workshops you will learn key concepts such as adaptive planning, value-driven development, team collaboration and frequent feedback for continuous improvement. This course is ideal for project managers, product managers, HR / Production / Commercial / Marketing Manager, Manager and anyone else interested in knowing how to work in an agile way.
The course also covers the history of agile, the agile manifesto, the agile mindset, the agile principles, and some widely applied frameworks and practices. By attending this course you will come away with a solid understanding of core concepts as you prepare to embark on your agile journey. You will also be eligible to apply for the ICAgile Certified Professional Certification, the gateway certificate to all other ICAgile tracks.
It may be more cost-effective to run this course onsite if you have a group of 8 or more people. Speak to the AWA team for more details.
28th – 29th JANUARY in LONDON
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- A clear understanding of the Agile Manifesto and how the ideas relate to your own context.
- Recognise the cultural and mindset challenges of being fully successful with Agile and why achieving agility is so hard with out the mindset.
- Compare and contrast the most popular Agile approaches, including Scrum and Kanban
- What self-organisation is, how roles and teams are different, and what roles will continue to rely on traditional management direction.
- Grow self-organizing teams that frequently deliver valuable, high-quality products.
- Create a strong focus on the delivery of customer value.
- Proven techniques that will enable you to improve flow / cycle, deliver frequently.
- Enhanced ability to collect various types of feedback from your customers and users.
- Plan, adapt and measure different stages of development even in complex and fast changing markets.
- What is Agile and when to use it
- Agile Mindset, Values, & Principles
- Value vs Cost
- Agile outside of IT
- Team Building & Communication
- Vision and Purpose
- Stakeholders and Customers
- Quality & Continuous Improvement
- Creating Value in small increments
- Using feedback to reduce risk
- How to estimate
- Prioritising work
- Planning over different horizons
- Capacity and planning for the unexpected
- Retrospectives and improvement
- Putting it All Together
WHAT OUR STUDENTS SAY
“Thank you so much, your training is inspirational, and engaging. I’ve learnt a lot and two days out of the office has given me some space to think too.” – Ella Dorfman – Service Designer
“Great introduction to some very powerful concepts – looking forward to using them!” – Andrew Rodger – Director
“As a fundamentals course this ticks all the right boxes and covers all the right areas.”
“Very good if you only know a little (or nothing!) about Agile.” – Andrew Grace – Product Manager
“If your company is struggling with lack of process, do this course.” – Jason Murray – Software Engineer
“Fantastic, excited to take all the ideas back to the office to improve how we work.” – Brendan Cain – Team Lead
“Informative and educational, pulling all the aspects of ‘agile’ together.” – Andrea McCutcheon – Technical Project Manager
“This is a great course that describes a better world – very useful if your organisation is willing to make the changes.” – Steve – Development Team Lead
“Useful, interactive and well organised, giving me the initial pointers I need and the mindset to increase my knowledge to try and apply some of the principles.” – Amyn Bennamane – Engineering Team Lead
The AWA Agile Fundamentals course is accredited by the International Consortium for Agile (ICAgile) as fulfilling all Learning Objectives in the Agile Fundamentals track. After successful completion of the Agile Fundamentals course, you can apply for the ICAgile Certified Professional (ICP). This continuing education certification is the gateway course for the ICAgile Expert accreditation in one of your chosen tracks.There is an ongoing assessment throughout the class as well as a practical assessment at the end of the course that you will need to pass. As long as the trainers believe you have demonstrated competence and that you have understood the learning objectives and you do not miss more than 1 hour of the course then you will receive the certification. The certification is included in the price of the course. Following the class you will receive an email from ICAgile with your Certification.
SELF PAYING: £600 + VAT
EARLY BIRD: £800 + VAT
STANDARD: £900 + VAT
- the foundational course and gateway to all other ICAgile tracks
- gain collaborative skills for working with your customers, clients, and teams.
- acquire the vocabulary to discuss the benefits of agile ways of working
- know how to avoid common pitfalls
- illustrate your commitment to professional mastery
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Team, Managers, Delivery Managers, Heads of, anyone wanting to pursue an ICAgile Expert Certification (ICE) and hasn’t yet gained the ICP.
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE
- Course manual and notebook
- Improved skills and knowledge that will enable you to work in an agile way
- Tasty breakfast and lunch, and teas/coffees/water
- Membership to Adventures with Agile community for organisational change and agile
AWA TRAINING PASS
You can save money when you book multiple courses at the same time with the AWA Training Pass. We will work with you to create a training pathway that suits you, your team or your department at a cost that’s affordable for you. We can even arrange for training passes to be paid via instalments rather than one upfront payment. Passes are flexible, interchangeable and refundable. FIND OUT MORE
ABOUT THE TRAINERS
one of the following trainers will facilitate this course
Simon has over 20 years’ experience helping very large organisations to thrive in the market and to be better places to work. He works with the board of directors or senior managers to transform the way that they see themselves, each other, and their organisations. The results are better organisational design, better processes, more engaged staff, and an organisation that is customer focused and more successful. He has been using Agile and Lean for the last 14 years, initially within IT, but in the last 5 years across the entire organisation. Simon founded Adventures with Agile (AWA), a global community of practice for organisational change in 2014. He founded the AWA consultancy in 2015, and his experience comes from both his own direct experience and through the consultants that work for Adventures with Agile working across many of AWA’s clients.
Over the past 18 years, Georg has developed a passion and proficiency in Digital Product Development while working predominantly in the banking and engineering spaces. His experience transitioned to Agile in 2010. Having practiced as Product Owner and also as Scrum Master provides him an intriguing blend of complementing perspectives. Georg now improves the flow and happiness for people, and products, through coaching and training.
Georg is a mentor and servant to the community, proof of his vicarious quest to help others achieve their goals. His dedication to continual learning has made him extremely effective as an Agile Coach in accomplishing huge wins for his clients, which include major finance and tech corporations. As a qualified Personal and Business Coach, he also enables individuals become even better versions of themselves.
Georg’s quest for adventure once led him to a treacherous part of the world where he conquered, gutted and fried up the commonly feared Piranha in the Amazon Basin. He thrives in challenging situations as he continues his coaching & training practice today in London, England.