As we adopt Lean | Agile in our organisations we find it affects every person and every team. Human Resources is at the core of that and existing policies and procedures frequently come under scrutiny.
In this 2-day highly interactive course we will introduce you to Lean | Agile People Operations and discuss people solutions from both strategic and consultative perspectives. This will help you understand the techniques, philosophies, and challenges of Human Resources in modern organizations.
Your organizational experiences will be used as the foundation for identifying relevant issues and applying business lessons throughout the program.
Adventures with Agile is very privileged to have Fabiola flying here from New York to talk about Agile HR with us.
“HR is at a crossroad. We have those who are comfortable and change resistant and we have the others: the challengers, the rebels, the warriors who are brave enough to embrace Lean | Agile and completely reshape the belief and approach to Human Resources. They will be the ones to create people solutions fit for the demands and challenges of 21st century agile organizations.”
Fabiola Eyholzer, CEO Just Leading Solutions
Date: Monday, 21 September 2015 – Tuesday, 22 September 2015
Location: Wallacespace, 18 Clerkenwell Green, London EC1R 0DP
Cost: £1200 + VAT.
Who is this course for?
This course is most beneficial for:
- Experienced HR leaders and Senior HR professionals involved in formulating, participating or managing HR initiatives
- HR business partners and managers who serve Lean | Agile teams
- Anyone interested in creating modern People solutions for agile, change-ready organizations.
You should attend this course if you want to:
- Take an active role in reshaping the role and understanding of HR
- Give your organization a competitive advantage through winning people solutions
- Promote Lean | Agile thinking throughout the organization
We expect delegates to have:
- Sound HR experience and knowledge and understand the complex world of Human Resource Management.
- Prior exposure to agile (SAFe©, Scrum, Kanban, etc.) is not necessary.
Why attend this Agile HR course?
You will leave the two days energized and ready to bring leading solutions to your people, your teams, your organization.
We will help you to
- Understand and experience Lean | Agile values, principles and practices
- Recognize how value is created through Lean | Agile and how it will change and enhance the role of HR
- Gain insights from modern scientific findings, best practices and trends in organizational excellence and develop a toolbox of solutions, best practices, insights and ideas
- Create modern People solutions that inspire and engage people and will give your organization a competitive advantage
- Shape the future of People Operations and kick start organizational change in order to successfully face the challenges of 21st century enterprises
- Benefit from the experience and mindset of others through team exercises, integrated case study, hands-on activities and open space sessions
Course format and outline
This is a highly participative course in three parts.
Part I – Lean | Agile
Part I opens the door to the world of Lean | Agile and shows how it will (has) transform(ed) the significance, role and understanding of HR and HR solutions. It is a place where People Operations successfully respond to the key challenges of modern organizations by creating an inspiring and engaging environment for people to thrive in.
This part will help you to
- Understand and experience the power of Lean | Agile
- Value the challenges associated with HR solutions in 21st century digital, connected, agile organizations and see why an immense change is inevitable
- Appreciate the new role of HR and become a highly valuable leader in People Operations
Part II – Winning People Solutions
Part II is the core of the course. We will discuss the challenges and drawbacks of traditional HR instruments and show how we can address them with a Lean | Agile mindset and create modern People solutions. We will share insights from modern scientific findings, best practices and trends in organizational excellence.
We will hear how to inspire performance without traditional bonus models and performance management approaches. We will learn why retention is no longer part of the HR vocabulary and how eliminating annual appraisal reviews will boost engagement. And so much more…
This part will help you to
- Assess the proficiency of your current HR solutions to meet and exceed the demands of today’s business environment
- Benefit from modern scientific findings, best practices and trends in organizational excellence and develop a toolbox of solutions, best practices, insights and ideas
- Identify, shape, and develop modern People solutions that inspire and engage people and ignite the power of winning teams
Part III – Unconference
Part III is about you! It will be organized in an unconference style session.
Attendees are free to suggest topics, challenges and situations they would like to discuss and evaluate with the group (if we haven’t already covered it). In an agile manner we will hear all proposals and everyone gets to dot-vote their favorite topics. We will then start to work on the top ranked one(s).
This part will help you to
- Share and discuss your challenges with an amazing group of people and take advantage of the special mix of experience and opinion in the room
- Apply the newly gained knowledge to evaluate and improve situations within your organization
About Fabiola Eyholzer
Fabiola is a Senior level executive with an outstanding career in management consulting, profound expertise in Human Resources, Enterprise Agility, Compensation & Performance Management, Operations & Processes, and Strategy.
She is CEO of Just Leading Solutions (JLS) – a global management consulting firm, head-quartered in New York City, that advises enterprises on how to build stronger, more responsive and innovative businesses through an organization-wide integration of lean | agile values, principles, and practices.
Endorsed by Scrum Alliance
You will be eligible for 16 SEU points from the Scrum Alliance by taking this course.