This Certified Scrum Master training course is structured around the Scrum values, principles and practices. The focus is on learning through action, activity, and conversation, allowing the new ideas to take root, and have the potential to grow within each participant’s context. Scrum is not a formula to be memorised, but rather a journey to undertake.
Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Master Training
"Super helpful and insightful training, loved it!"
About the Certified Scrum Master Training Course
What you will learn on this course
Understand the role and responsibilities of the Scrum Master and learn how to foster a collaborative relationship between the teams and the customer to meet the needs of the business on this highly interactive, hands-on Certified Scrum Master training course.
Each student is taught to assume the responsibilities of a ScrumMaster. By the end of the workshop participants will understand the Scrum framework well enough to return to work and take up the role of ScrumMaster, or to apply the principles and practices to any other role in the organisation, e.g. developer, tester, manager, director.
A note about the in-person CSM with Tobias Mayer If you are looking to be instructed, or be a mere recipient of information you’ll need to find a different CSM. This one calls on you to step up to the same kind of responsibility a scrum team member is expected to have in the workplace, in this case to take responsibility for your own learning. While this CSM teaches to the Scrum Guide is does not teach the Scrum Guide, which should be read in advance of the workshop, to inform your questions and interactions—see pre-requisites below.
Who is this for?
The course is suitable for everyone who is about to start using Scrum or has already gathered some experience and wants to deepen their understanding of Scrum. The ScrumMaster role is the focus of the course – however, it is suitable for team members or managers who would like an introduction to Scrum.
Skills you will gain on this course
- Facilitate all Scrum ceremonies – Develop skills in refinement, planning, daily scrum, review and retrospective
- Identify organisational impediments – Master how to recognise organisational impediments that break the creative flow of a development team
- Facilitate creativity and empowerment – Discover how to improve the work of your development teams by facilitating creativity and empowerment. Learn how to guide your team members to improve their engineering practices so each increment of functionality is intentionally shippable.
- Foster collaborative relationships – Become proficient in fostering collaborative relationships between your teams and product owners/customers to meet the needs of your business and organisational objectives
- Influence senior leadership – Learn how to work with managers, directors and executives to help them understand how to support the Scrum initiative
- Become a Scrum Master – Understand the Scrum framework well enough to return to work and take up the role of Scrum Master, or to apply the principles and practices to any other role in the organisation, e.g. developer, tester, manager, director
The Certified Scrum Master (CSM) course agenda includes the following:
- Scrum Framework
- Scrum Values
- Scrum Principles
- When to use Scrum
- Scrum Master as a Facilitator
- Iterative/Incremental Development
- The Sprint
- Scrum Roles
– The Team
– Product Owner
– Scrum Master
- Scrum Artifacts
- Scrum Ceremonies
- Daily Scrum
Course dates and pricing
|8 – 9 December 2021||09:00 – 17:00 GMT||£890 +VAT||Evelyn Tian||Online||Book Now|
|14 – 15 December 2021||09:00 – 17:30 GMT||From £890 +VAT||Tobias Mayer||London||Book Now|
|18 – 19 January 2022||09:00 – 17:00 GMT||£890 +VAT||Evelyn Tian||Online||Book now|
|25 – 26 January 2022||09:00 – 17:30 GMT||From £890 +VAT||Tobias Mayer||London||Book Now|
We also offer a few places at the special rate of £699 + VAT for any self-payers, please contact us on 0203 369 1125. Please note that any courses scheduled to run in-the-room are subject to cancellation if restrictions due to covid 19 in that location mean that the course is unable to go ahead. Delegates will receive a full refund or can transfer to an online course.
In-person CSM workshop format
The in-person Certified Scrum Master workshop with Tobias Mayer offers participants an intimate, dialog-centric, experience. It is centered on the belief that Scrum is a radically different way of working, and not some kind of superficial reframe of work-as-usual. Focusing on the principles beneath the framework and process, reaching into your own personal value system to draw out meaning, this workshop will have you challenge how you show up for work, and what you believe it means to “do Scrum”.
The learning emerges from the shared experience of all in the room. This is not expert-led, indeed the idea of expertise in Scrum is itself challenged. Participants are invited to bring their own experience to bear on the learning, and to express their expectations, desires and frustrations. Ultimately, what you learn here will emerge from your heart, and take form in the practice you apply back in the workplace. It does not rely on powerpoint or lecture, rather it utilises pedagogical techniques widely known to create a deeper, and longer-lasting learning, one that each participant can take ownership of and develop in his or her own way. These techniques include team interaction, socratic dialog, improvisation, theatre games, and exploration through metaphor.
Scrum is taught holistically, with each iteration delving deeper into the framework. The focus is on learning through action, activity, and conversation, allowing the new ideas to take root, and have the potential to grow within each participant’s context. Scrum is not a formula to be memorised, but rather a journey to undertake. You will not sit still for long, and you’ll not be fed information. You are expected to show up with an open mind and an open heart, and to bring your own experiences to share with others.
This an entry-level course for practitioners. The Certified Scrum Master course is suitable for everyone who is about to start using Scrum or has already gathered some experience and wants to deepen their understanding of Scrum. The ScrumMaster role is the focus of the course – however, it is suitable for team members or managers who would like an introduction to Scrum.
Pre-requisites for in-person CSM with Tobias Mayer
Please take time to read The Scrum Guide before attending this workshop. The guide provides a good overall understanding of the Scrum framework, and will initiate curiosity, questions, concerns and doubts which you should bring with you to the workshop. You should also familiarise yourself with The manifesto for software development and its 12 principles.
If you’d like to read something more in advance of the workshop I recommend Scrum: a pocket guide by Gunther Verheyen.
Private team training
Certified Scrum Master (CSM) is available to run privately for a group of your team leads, delivery managers, scrum masters etc who work with agile teams. Talk to us today about our transformative in-house training for groups or individuals which we can run for your business online or at a location of your choosing, anywhere in the world.
- Call – 0203 369 1125
Save with the AWA Training Pass
Save time and money when you book multiple courses at the same time with the AWA Training Pass. We wwork with you to create a training pathway that suits you, your team or your department at a cost that’s affordable for you. We can even arrange for training passes to be paid via instalments rather than one upfront payment. Passes are flexible, interchangeable and refundable.
SCRUM ALLIANCE CERTIFIED
The exam is included in the cost. To be eligible for the Certified Scrum Master certification you must attend both days and get at least 75% of the questions correct to pass (there are 50 questions).
High praise for this training
“The course was absolutely amazing. I had heard of Scrum and “done it” for several years, but this course truly enlightened me to what it means and how to apply it in my day-to-day job. The conversations were really stimulating and the exercises really engaging. I cannot recommend this course enough!”
Certified Scrum Master (CSM) Delegate
“This is an interactive course giving both an overview of the theory of scrum/agile, and scenarios and approaches for implementation. Going beyond the exam the course also offers a focus for what this can offer to the individual, their teams and ultimately their organisation. I would recommend.”
Certified Scrum Master (CSM) Delegate
“Tobias is a great coach whose obvious belief in, and passion for, the Scrum process is infectious. “
Certified Scrum Master (CSM) Delegate
“I thoroughly enjoyed my two days of Scrum Master training with Evelyn Tian. She was a fantastic, enthusiastic and passionate teacher who clearly knows a lot about Scrum methodology and frameworks. I feel very prepared to be going onto a project soon where Scrum will be used, and one day with more experience, even acting as a Scrum Master myself “
Certified Scrum Master (CSM) Delegate
Our course trainers
This Certified Scrum Master (CSM) course is delivered by the below Certified Scrum Trainers:
Evelyn is a Lean and Agile Coach and Trainer, and a speaker at international conferences. With over 20 years of product development experience, Evelyn’s focus is on organisation transformational strategy, continuous improvement and enhancing the art and science of crafting products and service delivery.
Tobias Mayer has been involved in the Scrum world since 2004. He was among the first twenty-five people, worldwide, certified to teach Scrum by Ken Schwaber, its co-founder. He skillfully blends this unusual mix of experiences when teaching Scrum, creating a lively and engaging experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
- All of our courses are based on our highly interactive “learn by doing” teaching approach which we are constantly updating and evolving using our rich history of running these training sessions.
- An immersive in-classroom/online training providing you with unrivalled access to deep experiential learning, support and practice to embed learning.
- Improved skills and knowledge that will enable you to mentor and coach your teams
- Enhanced competency and skill set to do the work required of a Scrum Master with the internationally recognised Scrum Alliance
- Membership to Adventures with Agile community for organisational change and agile providing a rich ecosystem for support, learning and sharing experiences post-class.
- As long as the trainers believe you have demonstrated competence and that you have understood the learning objectives and you do not miss more than one hour of the course you will receive the certification. The certification is included in the price of the course. Following the class, you will receive an email from ICAgile with your Certification.
For online courses you will also need to:
- Have a good internet connection
- Have a webcam that is turned on
- Be able to use Slack and Zoom (at least 10 Mbps download/upload)
- Be in a quiet space where you can speak freely with distractions
- One person, one device
We also recommend (although not essential)
- Two monitors
- Space to move around the room
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) is available to run privately for a group of your coaches, managers or team leads to dramatically improve their coaching skills for agile teams. Talk to us today about our transformative private training for groups or individuals which we can run for your business either online or anywhere in the world.