“Interesting, Enlightening, Enjoyable course, giving me much to think about” – S.Baskerville, Delivery Manager
Certified Agile Coach Training Course
Coaching for Team Agility
Gain professional coaching skills needed to create a safe environment for meaningful collaboration and healthy conflict resolution within an agile team.
ABOUT THIS COURSE
During this 3 day highly-interactive course we will explore the role an agile coach plays and how the work they do supports individuals and teams change, grow and learn. We look at scenarios, models and real life examples of common challenges like resistance, role transitioning, self-chosen and imposed change, conflict resolution, organisational impediments and the difference between coaching and mentoring. We cover team culture and what makes a group of individuals become a team. You will learn the stages of team development and tools to help spot where your teams are at, at any given point. We also look at how you kick-off a team to set them up for success, creating the psychological safety and team alliance.
If you want to learn professional coaching skills to help support your agile teams then attend this ICAgile Certified course.
It may be more cost-effective to run this course onsite if you have a group of 8 or more people. Speak to the AWA team for more details.
21st – 23rd MARCH in LONDON
13th – 15th JUNE in LONDON
3rd – 5th OCTOBER in LONDON
5th – 7th DECEMBER in LONDON
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- What an agile coach is and how this role plays out with your teams.
- An introduction to neuroscience and why it’s important as coaches we understand how the brain reacts when we’re stressed.
- Gain fundamental professional coaching skills and insights, like what powerful questions are and how to use them effectively and one of the important tools for team and personal growth – giving and receiving feedback.
- How to create a psychologically safe environment for your teams by looking at how to set up the team environment and help the team to know themselves and create a shared culture and vision.
- How to conduct the coaching conversation including techniques to improve the way you listen, brainstorm and help your client be effective with actions.
- Why it’s important to design a coaching contract with your team and stakeholders.
- How to coach and mentor through different kinds of change.
- How to coach toward high-performance and gain effective skills in encouraging team collaboration and trust and how to resolve conflicts.
- Team Emotional Intelligence
- Defining agile coaching
- The agile mindset
- Roles and responsibilities
- Achieving self-awareness
- Coaching principles, contract & patterns
- Neuroscience and coaching
- Coaching vs Mentoring
- Training & Facilitation
- Conducting the Coaching Conversation
- Goal & action based outcomes
- Presence & Listening
- Giving & receiving feedback
- Powerful questions
- Creating a psychologically safe environment
- Understanding team development
- Setting up the team environment
- Creating a team kickoff / startup agenda
- Characteristics of an agile team
- Coaching the journey towards high-performance
- Handling organisational Impediments
- Planning to facilitate a conflict within a team
- Putting it into practice
WHAT OUR STUDENTS SAY ABOUT THIS COURSE
“A really great course that has given me confidence to give people the space (silence) to work out how to reach goals” – A. Soddart, Delivery Manager
“Great job – very professional facilitation that’s been well thought through” – R. Donald – Head of Delivery
“Great, informative session with Philiy & Lisa. Loads learnt.” – C. Gillmer – Account Lead
This is the first training course I haven’t fallen asleep in. Every minute of the course was engaging, informative and fun ” – R. Jarrat, Delivery Manager
“I would recommend this course to any Delivery Manager, Scrum Master or Management” – Renee, Scrum Master
“Eye opening and eager to practice the new techniques I have learnt” – K. Mistry, Delivery Manager
SUPER EARLY BIRD: £1250 +VAT
EARLY BIRD: £1350 + VAT
STANDARD: £1500 + VAT
t: +44 203 369 1125
- acquire skills in professional coaching, create safe environments and how to resolve conflict.
- help your teams to resolve blockers that are preventing them from success.
- stand out from the crowd with the ICAgile Certified Professional Agile Coach certification.
- demonstrate that you have the skill set to do the work required of an Agile Team Coach.
- illustrate your commitment to professional mastery.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Execs, Managers, Team Leaders, Project Managers, Scrum Masters, Iteration Managers, Agile Coaches, aspiring Coaches, Product Owners
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE
- Course manual and notebook
- Improved skills and knowledge that will enable you to mentor and coach your teams
- Access to Slack channel community for all Coaching for Agility alumni
- Tasty breakfast and lunch, and teas/coffees/water
- Membership to Adventures with Agile community for organisational change and agile
This an intermediate-level course for practitioners with at least 6 months of hands-on agile experience. You will build upon the experience you already have working with agile teams.
Coaching for Team Agility is accredited by the International Consortium for Agile (ICAgile) as fulfilling all Learning Objectives in the Agile Coaching track. After successful completion of Coaching for Team Agility, you can apply for the ICAgile Certified Professional-Agile Coaching (ICP-ACC). This continuing education certification is a key step toward achieving the ICAgile Expert-Agile Coaching (ICE-AC), the industry’s first competence-based certification. To be eligible for the ICP-ACC, you must not miss more than 1 hour of class. Learn more at ICAgile.
ENDORSED BY THE SCRUM ALLIANCE
By attending this course you will be eligible to earn up to 15 Category C SEU Points.
AWA TRAINING PASS
You can save money when you book multiple courses at the same time with the AWA Training Pass. We will work with you to create a training pathway that suits you, your team or your department at a cost that’s affordable for you. We can even arrange for training passes to be paid via instalments rather than one upfront payment. Passes are flexible, interchangeable and refundable. FIND OUT MORE
ABOUT THE TRAINERS
Simon has over 20 years’ experience helping very large organisations to thrive in the market and to be better places to work. He works with the board of directors or senior managers to transform the way that they see themselves, each other, and their organisations. The results are better organisational design, better processes, more engaged staff, and an organisation that is customer focused and more successful. He has been using Agile and Lean for the last 14 years, initially within IT, but in the last 5 years across the entire organisation. Simon founded Adventures with Agile (AWA), a global community of practice for organisational change in 2014. He founded the AWA consultancy in 2015, and his experience comes from both his own direct experience and through the consultants that work for Adventures with Agile working across many of AWA’s clients.
Lisa’s initial agile lightbulb moment was in 2007 when she started with a consultancy who developed software solutions for clients working in an agile way. Lisa was fortunate to take CSM with Mike Cohn in 2008 and hasn’t looked back. Having worked with many different organisations, predominately in the retail sector, Lisa has a cross-section of experience, engaging business sponsors in their role, working with Leadership, Finance, Budgeting as well as creating and delivering training at all levels of an organisation. Lisa is people focused and leads by example, bringing focus and enthusiasm to create an environment where teams are empowered and self-organised to deliver customer value in a high-performing environment. Most recently at M&S, Lisa played a key role in their Agile Transformation as Lead Agile Coach.
Philiy has been working with teams of people helping them deliver creative products and services for over a decade. Philiy’s tech career began as a QA on a waterfall project she quickly began searching for a better way of working and discovered Agile and Scrum. It was love at first sight and since then Philiy’s passion to make working lives better has driven her to continuously develop her Agile knowledge and skills in Professional Coaching, Training and Facilitation.
For Philiy, everything Agile coaches do is underpinned by Professional Coaching skills and the Neuroscience that underpins coaching skills. To truly facilitate large scale and lasting change we have to understand how human beings change on a personal level and work with that natural process.
Philiy is a CSP, Barefoot Personal & Business Coaching Graduate, International Coaching Federation Member and is currently working on her thesis for an MA in Personal & Business coaching. Philiy took part in a ‘Neuroscience for Coaches’ programme with noted author and coach Amy Brann. Philiy is also part of the Training from the back of the room Certified Trainer Team
Philiy has worked extensively with scrum teams and leaders across multiple industries. Today, Philiy is an Agile Coach working with the team leading an agile transition at a global organisation of 20,000+ employees.