“Practical, straight forward training that can be implemented on my teams. Enjoyed the “no fluff” material.”
Certified Disciplined Agile Masterclass
Gain a deep understanding of how to take a disciplined approach to agile solution delivery on the Certified Disciplined Agile Masterclass (CDA).
ABOUT THIS COURSE
During this 1 day interactive workshop you will discover how agile solution delivery works in enterprise-class settings. You will learn how to avoid costly “agile beginner mistakes” by starting with a full delivery lifecycle, how all aspects of software delivery – architecture, design, testing, programming, leadership, quality assurance, data administration – come together as a whole, how to tailor your agile process to reflect your context, and how people in traditional roles can transition into an agile team.
This is an intermediate course, an understanding of agile principles and practices will be required. It’s suitable for all team members. A valuable day for anyone who wants to understand how agile solution delivery works from end-to-end or anyone tasked with moving from traditional approaches to agile, particularly in enterprise settings.
new dates to be scheduled
You have been working on one or more agile teams, very often taking a Scrum or Kanban-based approach, and for the most part you’ve had positive experiences. But you’ve run into a few challenges along the way and you realize that others have surely figured these things out. Challenges such as how database work can proceed in an agile manner, how can an existing testing department transition to agile, how do you govern agile teams effectively, how can you support a common enterprise architecture across agile teams, how do you address architecture at all on agile teams, and many other common challenges are faced by your organization on a daily basis.
The Disciplined Agile (DA) framework describes strategies to apply agile in enterprise-class settings. DA is a hybrid agile approach that combines strategies from a variety of sources – Scrum, XP, Agile Modeling, Kanban, SAFe, and many others – and shows how they fit together in a pragmatic manner that reflects the realities of enterprise environments. DA provides coherent guidance for how to address many, if not all, of the challenges that you are struggling with. DA goes beyond the mainstream to take the mystery out of agile
- Agile in practice: Hands-on exercise where we work through how agile software development works in practice from beginning to end.
- Introduction to Disciplined Agile (DA): Overview of Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD); Disciplined DevOps; Disciplined Agile IT (DAIT); and Disciplined Agile Enterprise (DAE).
- Your topics: Workshop participants identify questions that they want to get answered about how to pragmatically apply agile strategies in the situations that they face. We then group these questions into topics. At that point we treat the topics as requirements for the workshop that we prioritize and then work through in an agile manner. This approach enables us to tailor a workshop that addresses your most pressing concerns.
WHAT OUR STUDENTS SAY ABOUT THIS COURSE
Liked the exercises. Like the real world experiences relayed in class. Class was structured so you heard a concept more than once helping to cement knowledge.
Scott was very good at tailoring this class to the audience. We were able to really focus on the DA specifics and have good dialogue rather than just being trained.
Practical, straight forward training that can be implemented on my teams. Enjoyed the “no fluff” material.
Real life knowledge and experience of decades Scott has is invaluable.
I am investing in learning about DA because it is pragmatic and guides me through my options. As well as giving me a progression path. As a believer in self determination, the idea of tailoring and a goal driven framework appeals to me as a tool for success. It was wonderful to be able to focus on this for two days and “dig deep” with Scott.
Great instructor. Lots of real world examples.
Really appreciated the real life examples and the shooting down of our corporate “excuses”
Very effective way of communicating the content which comprehensively covers every aspect of running Enterprise IT Systems. Scott is a master evangelist and can bring the mindset shift across organizations.
I enjoyed the workshop and will leave with lots of ideas of things I can start doing now.
Effective, efficient, straight to the point
Great positive energy pragmatic approach, questions very well and clearly answered.
t: +44 203 369 1125
- Discover how agile solution delivery works in enterprise-class settings
- Learn how to avoid costly “agile beginner mistakes” by starting with a full delivery lifecycle
- Learn how all aspects of software delivery – architecture, design, testing, programming, leadership, quality assurance, data administration – come together in a cohesive whole
- Discover how to tailor your agile process to reflect the actual situation you find yourself in
- Learn how people in traditional roles can transition into an agile team
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- IT practitioners new to agile who want to get an effective start at agile solution delivery
- Existing agile practitioners who want to take it to the next level
- Senior IT Management who want to gain a deep understanding of how to take a disciplined approach to agile solution delivery
- Agile practitioners who seek the designation of Certified Disciplined Agilist (CDA) or a Certified Disciplined Agile Practitioner (CDAP)
An appreciation of the Disciplined Agile mindset. People who are new to agile, or who need a refresher, should watch the Being Agile and Being Disciplined videos on the Introduction to Disciplined Agile page.
- Certified Disciplined Agilist (exam included in cost of course)
- Attendees earn the designation of Disciplined Agilist, with first year membership paid, a $50 US value
AWA TRAINING PASS
You can save money when you book multiple courses at the same time with the AWA Training Pass. We will work with you to create a training pathway that suits you, your team or your department at a cost that’s affordable for you. We can even arrange for training passes to be paid via instalments rather than one upfront payment. Passes are flexible, interchangeable and refundable. FIND OUT MORE