Metrics Empowerment Workshop
- Broaden and Deepen: Learn key team metrics and how they interconnect with the larger organisational ecosystem.
- Insights to Action: Turn your understanding of system-level metrics into concrete, team-friendly improvement plans.
- Continuous Improvement: Foster a culture that uses metrics for ongoing betterment at all levels.
- Decision Drivers: Use metrics to align tactical and strategic decisions across teams, stakeholders, and leaders.
- Sustainable Implementation: Discuss how to make metrics a lasting part of your decision-making process.
Who should join?
This workshop is crafted for professionals working in agile environments like Team Managers, Portfolio Managers, Product Manager, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and Agile Coaches who are keen to bring empirical depth to their practice.
Whether you’re in a managerial role or a hands-on practitioner, such as a Scrum Master, Product Manager, Product Owner, Agile Coach, or Lead Developer, this workshop extends your purview, enabling you to contribute more meaningfully to overall organisational success.
- Practical implementation of activity, efficiency, and flow metrics in interactive simulations.
- Critical evaluation of metrics systems, including DORA and SPACE metrics.
- Appraise the importance of metrics, and guidance on selecting appropriate metrics for your context.
- Explore different approaches to estimation, predictability, and forecasting.
- Development of strategies to educate your peers on good data and metrics use.
- Create an actionable plan of experiments you can implement back in your workplace to drive continuous improvement.
What you stand to gain
- Know how to use an apply metrics to better understand the system and catayse real-world improvement and progress.
- Apply Agile metrics in real-world scenarios to enhance your teams and organisation’s performance.
- Develop critical thinking skills for selecting and interpreting appropriate metrics.
- Adopt a systemic view of performance metrics, enriching both your team’s and the organisation’s ability to succeed.
- Lead with influence by driving discussions on metrics and accountability.
- Confidently navigate ethical considerations around the appropriate use of metrics.
- Enjoy sustainable improvements in productivity and team morale long after the workshop.
Course dates & fees
The Metrics Empowerment Workshop is also available in-house, so you can get the training you need no matter where you are.
Book a private course for your team today.
Showcase your expertise & commitment to learning
Upon completing this course, you will receive AWA’s “Metrics Empowerment” Digital Badge that you can use to showcase your expertise in using clear actionable metrics to better understand the system for real-world improvement and progress.
Meet your trainer
Carl is an Agile Coach experienced in helping Fortune 500 and global organisations grow healthy agile culture bubbles and find their right-fit agility. Carl’s mission is to help people reframe, rethink and reimagine the way they work.
Carl designs and facilitates fun, immersive, engaging spaces for learning using agile games, simulations, shared narratives, and collective decision-making. He draws on a deep understanding of agile and lean thinking, facilitation and transformation experience to help organisations, teams, and individuals understand their current reality and take a structured, experiment-based approach to change.
Outside of work, Carl can often be found walking in the country around his Surrey village home, playing heavy euro games with his wife, and battling Pokemon with his daughters.
Don’t take just our word for it!
People trained globally
ICAgile Certified Courses