“Engaging, Fun, Practical. Take this course if you teach, present, train, coach or facilitate. Your clients will thank you!”
Training from the BACK of the Room
Take your training skills to a more advanced level as you discover how the human brain really learns. Anyone involved in designing and delivering training should attend this invaluable two day train-the-trainer course on this training class in London. Also available as a private onsite workshop.
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Do you want the skills and know how to design empowering, engaging and memorable training that really helps people learn? Yes? Then this is the course for you!
Attend this fun, interactive course to discover six powerful learning principles based on the best of brain science, then apply these principles every time you train, teach, or coach others. These Accelerated Learning principles go hand-in-hand with team-based Agile and Scrum processes and principles. If you are an Agile coach or Scrum trainer, you will be especially pleased to discover how to combine Agile/Scrum concepts with collaborative learner-engagement.
During this dynamic, two-day training program, you will also practice using the 4Cs instructional design “map” with the content you teach, regardless of the complexity of the topic, size of the class, or level of learners. The 4Cs is a brain-based, four-step, Accelerated Learning instructional design model now used by thousands of trainers, teachers, and Scrum and Agile coaches worldwide.
It may be more cost-effective to run this course onsite if you have a group of 8 or more people. Speak to the AWA team for more details.
28th – 29th NOVEMBER in LONDON
After participating in this informative and interactive program, you will be able to:
- Explain and define the most current brain science about human learning – information that is directly applicable to all instruction, whether in classrooms, one-on-one, or computer-based.
- Apply “The Six Trumps”– six learning principles based on brain science that will significantly enhance learning and retention, regardless of the content being taught.
- Recognise these six learning principles in action.
- Use these principles in any learning environment: classroom, elearning, one-on-one, small and large group instruction.
- Design any learning experience using “The 4Cs Map” as your guide – a four-step brain-based instructional design and delivery model.
- Combine brain science and technology and enhance learning by using both in creative, collaborative ways.
- Access new resources that will expand your knowledge of the most current brain science about human learning.
- Utilise a trainer’s tool-bag of practical tips and activities – a collection of best practices that you created during the training program.
- For Agile coaches and Scrum trainers: Combine Agile and Scrum processes and principles with Accelerated Learning to create collaborative, interactive, fun and memorable learning experiences.
WHAT OUR STUDENTS SAY ABOUT THIS COURSE
Fun & very useful course for those delivering training and facilitating – A Davies Baker, Agile Trainer Coach
Hugely inspirational! It’s amazing how simple creating interactive and accelerated learning can be with proper techniques and training – David Pilgrim – Director
Fabulous, energising course full of ways to ensure your trainings, facilitations and working practices land in an organisation – Suzanne Doyle, Agile Transformation Coach
Great course. Simon’s relaxed style puts you at ease. He’s well versed in the topic. Felt comfortable and learned loads. – Andy Spence – Agile Person
If you want to improve your training you have to do this course!
Engaging, Fun, Practical. Take this course if you teach, present, train, coach or facilitate. Your clients will thank you! – Dan Osborne – Delivery Coach
As an agile coach, step out of the ordinary and learn creating your coaching exercises. – Stefan Wolpers – Agile Coach
Even after having read “TBR” book and trying to apply it for years. I’ve learnt a lot!
Has changed the way I prepare and deliver training
Excellent workshop, everyone involved with training and presentations should attend!
If you do anything, do this course to understand how human’s learn and achieve the best results in training and facilitating
A mandatory program for anybody delivering a training. Full of practice so you can’t just read the books and have the same results. Highly recommended!
Combination of practical tools and techniques with insightful theory and background. Well worth the time!
t: +44 203 369 1125
Self Paying: £699
TRAINING PASS OFFER
- Gain the trainer’s tool-bag of practical, brain-based instructional strategies you can put to use immediately in your own training programs.
- Receive a 55-page workbook filled with new resources and brain science information – the workbook is only available with this train-the-trainer program.
- Get two copies of Sharon Bowman’s best-selling book Using Brain Science to Make Training Stick,and a copy of her globally acclaimed book Training from the BACK of the Room.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Certificate of completion to reference on your resume and suitable for framing
AWA TRAINING PASS
You can save money when you book multiple courses at the same time with the AWA Training Pass. We will work with you to create a training pathway that suits you, your team or your department at a cost that’s affordable for you. We can even arrange for training passes to be paid via instalments rather than one upfront payment. Passes are flexible, interchangeable and refundable. FIND OUT MORE
ABOUT THE TRAINERS
Simon has over 20 years’ experience helping large organisations thrive in the market and be better places to work. He works with the board of directors and senior managers to transform the way they see themselves, each other, and their organisations. The results are better organisational design, better processes, more engaged staff, and a successful, customer-focussed focussed organisation. Simon has been using Agile and Lean for the last 14 years, initially within IT, but in the last 5 years across the entire organisation. He founded Adventures with Agile (AWA), a global community of practice for organisational change in 2014 and the AWA Consultancy in 2015. Simon’s experience comes from both his own direct experience and through the consultants working for Adventures with Agile for AWA’s clients.
Philiy has been working with teams of people helping them deliver creative products and services for over a decade. Philiy’s tech career began as a QA on a waterfall project she quickly began searching for a better way of working and discovered Agile and Scrum. It was love at first sight and since then Philiy’s passion to make working lives better has driven her to continuously develop her Agile knowledge and skills in Professional Coaching, Training and Facilitation.
For Philiy, everything Agile coaches do is underpinned by Professional Coaching skills and the Neuroscience that underpins coaching skills. To truly facilitate large scale and lasting change we have to understand how human beings change on a personal level and work with that natural process.
Philiy is a CSP, Barefoot Personal & Business Coaching Graduate, International Coaching Federation Member and is currently working on her thesis for an MA in Personal & Business coaching. Philiy took part in a ‘Neuroscience for Coaches’ programme with noted author and coach Amy Brann. Philiy is also part of the Training from the back of the room Certified Trainer Team
Philiy has worked extensively with scrum teams and leaders across multiple industries. Today, Philiy is an Agile Coach working with the team leading an agile transition at a global organisation of 20,000+ employees.