Simon Powers is the CEO and founder of AWA Global (Adventures with Agile), the renowned training company and global community of practice for agile and organisational change. He is also co-founder of Bryter Work, a people-first coaching consultancy and AWA’s sister company.
Simon is a world class systems coach, leadership coach and mentor, facilitator and trainer.
Over the last two decades Simon has worked with leaders to improve their organisations, meet their objectives, and create a productive and happy work environment. He has worked in many industries including banking, financial services, retail, manufacturing, charity, oil and gas, and public sector.
Based on his extensive experience, Simon has created a program of certified training classes that have been extremely effective in up-skilling leaders, managers, staff, and contractors in organisational change skills. He has contributed in setting the industry standards through ICAgile, Disciplined Agile, and the wider community, and is seen as a thought-leader and entrepreneur for organisational change and agility.
Simon now runs the AWA coaching and training faculty. He leads many of our Enterprise Coach Bootcamps (all around the world!) and continues to coach and mentor leaders in organisational agility and meeting their key objectives. He occasionally runs training classes and facilitates large scale events.
He has won multiple agile awards and has written many articles and videos that have shaped the way people think about agile and organisational change. In 2022, Simon published his first book, entitled Change. A Practitioner’s Guide to Enterprise Agile Coaching.
Highly Experienced, Certified, Coach, Trainer, Facilitator and Consultant
- Certified ICAgile Enterprise Coach Expert (ICE-EC)
- Certified ICAgile Fundamentals Trainer (ICP)
- Certified ICAgile Agile Coach Trainer (ICP-ACC)
- Certified ICAgile Agile Facilitator Trainer (ICP-ATF)
- ICAgile Agility in the Enterprise Trainer (ICP-ENT)
- ICAgile Coaching Agile Transitions Trainer (ICP-CAT)
- ICAgile Leading in Agility (ICP-LEA)
- Certified Agile Leader (Scrum Alliance)
- Certified Trainer for Training from the BACK of the Room
- Certified Disciplined Agile Black Belt Practitioner and Trainer
- Certified LeSS Practitioner (Large Scale Scrum)
- Certified SAFe Program Consultant (Expired)
- Barefoot Professional Coaching Certificate
- ORSC Systemic Coaching professional
- IFS (Internal Family Systems) Practioner Level 1
Simon Powers’ current role
As Head of AWA Consultancy, Simon is focused on leadership, transformation strategy and delivery. He typically has multiple clients running concurrently and work a few days where appropriate to add the most value.
As a trainer and public speaker, Simon creates and delivers training courses, facilitates events and free Meetups. Simon is available as a keynote speaker at conferences, events, universities, and inside organisations.
Simon’s achievements include:
- Author of the Agile Onion and creator of the Agile Mindset
- Helped define the role and distinctions around Agile Coaching
- Helped write the Enterprise Coaching Expert Learning Objectives for ICAgile
- Created the AWA Enterprise Change Pattern
- Author of the book Change – A Practitioner’s Guide to Enterprise Agile Coaching (watch the book launch here)
- Co-founder and CEO of Bryter Work a people first coaching consultancy
- Simon was featured as the cover article of CIO Today
In 2015, Simon was nominated and made the finalist shortlist for the Agile Awards 2015 for the person who has done the most to promote Agile. Simon was part of, initiated and led the transformation at Bristol City Council, which won the Agile Award 2015 for best implementation of Agile in the Public Sector.
In 2016, Simon won the Agile Award of the person who has done the most to promote Agile globally and most popular agile conference speaker.
“I am over the moon that we received recognition for the work we have all done over the last two years. That includes everyone who has ever come to the meetups, the training or the conferences.”
In 2022, Simon was awarded CEO of the Year, 2022, UK by CEO Monthly magazine.
“The reason we are successful is because we do what we teach others. We eat our own cake. By embodying what we teach, we have not only proven our approach works for our clients, we have proven it works through our own company…”
You can contact Simon via this website, you can use Twitter @agileadventures, find him on LinkedIn (where he is most active), read his articles or you can email simon@ on this domain
When Simon isn’t working with our clients, he is either riding his off-road motorcycle, seeing friends, as well as being in the great outdoors with his two lovely children.